Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 109



Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Mask:  anything that disguises or conceals

Do you ever mask parts of who you are?

I think in life that we do mask parts of who we are sometimes. Sometimes we don't think people will like that part of us or we see that they are sensitive in certain areas so we conceal something that we think might offend them. Are we ashamed of that part of us? Is that why we try to conceal or disguise that part of ourselves.  Are we scared to let people see who we truly are as a person?  I know in my life that this often true. I want people to like me and I tend to conceal parts of who I am with some people in my life. I even try to conceal parts of who I am from the one that truly loves me, the one who created me!

But I have come to realize that when I conceal I am not truly being an honest person. I am in fact being a false person, someone that hides behind a mask in hopes that she will be liked by all. But in fact we can not hide from people or things. We have to face them head on, we have to go in and say this is who I am!  Sometimes we will find people that we just don't click with and sometimes we find people that we have a common bond with that truly loves us for who they see we are on the inside.

Sometimes you run into those few people that can see past the mask that you put on because in all mask there are holes for the eyes so that you can see where you are going. And some people can look into your eyes and they can see your joy, your despair, your loneliness, your smile!

Do we look deeply enough at people? Do we really see what they face on a day to day basis? Do we care enough to look deeply into their eyes past the mask to see what truly is on the inside? Sometimes people are scared to take off the their mask, scared of the pain it may cause but if we little by little look deeply into their eyes, the window to their soul, we can see who they are, we can see the beauty inside of them. Sometimes we might see the ugliness, the pain, are we willing to look into that deep part of who they are?

Sometimes its easier to just look at the mask because we don't have to see the scars lurking behind the mask. Everyone has scars, everyone has faced pain but also we all can find the joy we need in our Savior. The one that comes to heal the pain, the one that touches the scars. He still lets us see the scar as a reminder of what He has done in our lives but He can remove all mask, He can show us how beautiful we are to Him. He can help us open up and let people past the barriers that we put up to protect ourselves. He can give us that pure source of ultimate happiness and joy that overflows!

Every now and then, we find things in life that we think bring pure happiness but its a mask. A mask covering the ultimate joy, the mask is trying to deceive us, it doesn't want us to dig deeper because it knows that under neath we will find the ultimate happiness that can not be compared to any other in this life! I want to move past the mask. The mask of trying to hide, the mask of false sense of happiness, the mask of protection! I want to depend on the true source! The source that loves me for me! The source that created me into this vessel for Him!  He teaches me to become more like Him day by day, little by little! The only protection I need comes from Him!

Well enough of my rambling scattered thoughts. Have a wonderful evening!


2 comments:

~T said...

Great write up! I sometimes feel like that is how I had become to live my life, burying myself behind a mask, and not really seeking after true happiness in my life.

Kat said...

Thank you! I think we all do this at times in our lives!

Post a Comment

Followers