Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 75



Well I was gonna show y'all the mess I made on my car last night but I decided that I am loving my new camera bag I got int he mail yesterday and wanted to show it off! Isn't is just lovely? I am in love!

Well I talked at a ladies meeting last night on strength so I hope you don't mind I am just gonna post my notes from what I talked on.





I looked up the word:
Strength:
The state of being strong

This is the scripture I used:

Isaiah 40:31

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength: They shall mount up with
wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

Then I looked up the definition on weary and faint:

Weary:
physically or mentally exhausted



 Faint:
Lacking brightness, vividness, clearness
Feeling weak or exhausted
Lacking courage


Sometimes in life it seems we have the strength to conquer anything that comes in our path.
Our faith feels so strong that we believe we can face the world and if God ask
we could say Yes and do it with great boldness. Then something happens and it
seems sometimes over night that we begin to feel weary and we become faint.
What happened? Who knows? Maybe a long week with the kids or maybe needing
attention from a husband that is stressed at work. Maybe just it seems the
world is crashing down on us because of our finances or some other problem we
are facing and we feel we have nowhere to run. But it seems just a few days ago
we felt we could conquer the world with God by our side.

I actually ask a friend today "why is it that certain circumstances impact our lives in such a
drastic way?" Have you ever felt that way? I still don’t understand it and I am
just being honest with all of you. There are just circumstances in my life that
just affect me greatly at times in my life. Some days I go on and I don’t think
about it and I feel strength from God that he has it but other days they seem
so hard and I feel weary and faint and I don’t feel there is any hope in store
for these situations. But then I hear a small voice that says Kara I am still
here and I am still your strength even though you think you are weak and you
won’t make it through I have given you the strength to make it through this
circumstance that you think there is no hope in. I will renew your strength my
child if you will only lean on me. It doesn’t mean my problems go away, if it be
loneliness, sadness or just lack of understanding but God gives me that little
bit of hope that I need to help me feel His strength in my weaknesses.



At the beginning of the year I picked a word to pray about this year. I was struggling
reading my Bible and it seemed the enemy was fighting me every step of the way
to confuse  me. So I picked the word knowledge and this word has brought
great joy but great tribulation to me even so far this year. In praying this
word I hoped to grow close to God in understanding Him more but God has had
different plans for me. Yes he has given me some insight into his word and
taught me things about him that I never realized but also he has opened up things
in my life that I have tried to keep hidden even from myself. Things I didn’t
want to face. I didn’t want to see my weakness but in learning to want to know
God deeper I have come to the realization that he has to clean house so he
opens up things in my life that I need to work on and I don’t really like that
part of my journey but I know that in the end it will lead me to what God has
for my life whatever that may be. 

And during these times of weakness I am going to hold firm to Isaiah 40:31 knowing
that he shall renew my strength in the times of weakness that I face and don’t
like very much.

Over the past couple years I have faced many spiritual battles and I just have to
remember God has brought me safely through all of them and he will bring you
through whatever your facing as well. We need to remember to pray for our spuddies (these are ladies we team up with at our church) and just one another in general because you never know when your sister is facing a difficult time. Some times their struggle can be seen and is so
apparent but other times we can’t see the struggles our sister’s face on a
daily basis and some face things we not dare want to even think about in this
life or would even think that they are battling. So let’s be a strength to our
sisters. Encourage one another, send an email if you have them on your heart
or  a quick text to say you are praying for them because it just might brighten their day and give them that little bit of strength that need to make it to the end of the journey they are facing for
the day.

Thank you Lord for speaking to my heart last night!
Hope every ones day is bright!








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers