Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 84



I am so very blessed to have a mom that is also my friend! It is crazy how your relationship with your mother changes as you get older. You go from being this little girl wanting to do everything to please her to this adult that loves her and still wants to please her but you finally get to a point where you know that you can stand your ground and you don't have to agree with everything she believes and she respects that part of you. She should, we raise our children hoping to see them blossom in to wonderful women of God!

 I hope when she looks at me, she can see the woman that she has helped me to be in this life.  That in letting me see the good and bad in her, made me who I am. If I didn't see her failures then I wouldn't know that it is okay for me to fail and if I didn't see her get back up again then I wouldn't have the strength to know that I in fact can get back up again. I am glad I have seen all the sides of my mom and that she was open enough to let me see them. I don't agree with everything and I have changed things I didn't want to be but it made me into who I am and it is all because of her. I hope she knows how much I truly love her for that gift she gave me in this life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers