Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 33



Good Afternoon Everyone!

I have been busy today. One of my dear friends has come over the last couple mornings to help sew (she basically sewed it and I cut out a piece of material lol) a bean bag of sort for my photography business. There is no way I could have done it and I so appreciate her help. Although she did leave me to sew small bags and fill them with bean bag fill, which I made a total mess in the process and got to practice making straight lines on my sewing machine. So that is my picture for today, my sewing machine that barely gets used.

As I was reading my Bible this morning I was struck by the fact that when Noah was in the ark and he sent out the dove and the dove could not find a resting place that the dove returned and Noah brought it back into the ark. Do you ever feel that you have no resting place? That chaos is everywhere. I am glad that I serve a mighty God that when it seems I can find no rest that  I can come to Him and  He stretches out His hands and brings me into His loving arms of rest. What a glorious rest to just be cradled in the arms of Jesus! Reminds me of the story my mom told me I told her when I was a child. When she left my hospital room, I was preparing for surgery as a young child, and I told my mom that Jesus came and rocked me and told me everything was going to be okay. I am thankful that the arms of my savior have always been a place of rest in my life and that this vision has always been with me to carry me through the times of doubt in my life. Now I don't remember this exact moment but I do believe it happened because I can just imagine me as a small child gazing into my saviors eyes and realizing how much he loved me to come an rock me. I long sometimes to dream this long ago event in my life, to remember it just as it happened on that day. I do know that it impacted my life in a great way and I am so thankful to my Jesus for loving me so much through out my life and always being in my life. I am such a blessed person to be able to always remember God in my life. I know there are people out there longing for comfort that they just can not find and I have never had to face that because I can never not remember knowing that He was there for me. I pray those people find rest in the arms of Jesus.

Hope your day is filled with the arms that help you find rest.






and another picture of my daisies because I love them!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers