Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 55


Good Morning Everyone!

Boy I am tired, I am really thinking it is nap time. My baby girl started with the stomach bug right before bedtime last night. I think she is finally starting to feel better so hopefully it was just a little 12 hour thing. Lysol and hand sanitizer were my best friends last night and hopefully it will keep things at bay. (Yes I think I might have used a whole can)

Well I was told by someone that I need to write more so lets see what I think would be a good topic for today. They say if I really think I can find something, there is always something. Really because to be honest I am drawing a blank as of this moment. Except for the fact that a nap is sounding better and better in my very near future, oh I already said that didn't I.

Oh lets see I did read something this morning in my daily  Bible reading that struck me. It was about Moses when he went up in the mountain. 

Exodus 20:18,19
And Moses said to the people, "Do not fear for God has come to test you, and that His fear may be before you, so that you may not sin."
So the people stood afar off, but Moses drew near the thick darkness where God was.

Hmmm...in my time of testing do I step back or do I draw close to God. To be honest I think I have done both. Sometimes it is scary to draw close in our test because well we don't think we are passing very well and we forget about the mercy and love of God. We feel wretched, broken, weak and feel all our strength is gone. We know the answer to pass the test but we don't always do what we know we should do, our feelings and emotions get in the way. Basically and very honestly we want to feel good and we are selfish people. I hope that in my times of darkness that I draw near to my Savior and that I stay under the shelter of His wings.  He is my strength in time of weakness. And weakness tries to tear at our very souls. But I am glad that I serve a God that shows me so much mercy and grace that I am able to overcome my weaknesses with Him.

So that is my thought for the day. Hope everyone as a wonderful day, as for me I am heading off to dreamland!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers