Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 36


Let me just say that blogging, picture taking, editing and sickness does not mix very well. And I should add in there creativity. I slept on the couch all night trying to avoid spreading my germs to my hubby and well I was looking around and saw my daughters journal so I thought that will work for today. So here is my picture!

I will add another picture below so you can see what the front cover says which is "It's all about me!", if only right? I guess we have our time when it is or seems to be all about us but once you become a mother it is no longer all  about you but all about your children. As I felt awful yesterday I still had to rise to motherhood and drag myself off the couch to fix my sweet angels some lunch and drinks. It is rough being sick when your kids are sick. But you know sometimes in our times of testing we see such revelations (Yes being sick when your kids are sick is a test indeed, just honesty). And here is my revelation of yesterday....

My sweet baby girl right before bed saw me curled up on the couch shivering so she went and grabbed me some more blankets and covered me up before turning off the lights and getting on the love seat (both of us sickies camped out in the living room). As I have said before it is the little things that count. I count it such a blessing to be a mother to this sensitive tender hearted child. I know at times that she can be a handful and she is a determined little thing but down deep in her heart she loves with such an intensity. The intensity of her determination and self will is the same intensity of her love for others. As a mother of a strong willed child I often question the reality of who this wonderfully and fearfully made child is headed in her life. She gives me a run for my money, she has made me a stronger person and I see the things that I have taught her starting to blossom in her life. The days that are struggles make me question if I make the right choices in how I handle her will but then on nights like last night when I see the tenderness that she has for others I know that what I am trying to do in teaching her to control her strong will, is far better than breaking that great will that God has given my child. He gave it to her for a purpose and well who am I to try and break it, my job is to help her mold it into what God intended it to be, a great gift from Him!

Cherish what God has given you! Embrace it and trust him to lead you!

(Please forgive me if my ramblings get off track sometimes, my mind seems to go in so many different directions but hey that is who God created me to be, right? lol)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers