Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 54


This is an old lantern that someone gave me over the weekend. She said that it was in a old barn that was being torn down. The man actually ran over it with the tractor and the glass didn't break, isn't that amazing! It is messed up a little but I still love this piece.  Sort reminds me of something...you see how this glass withstood and didn't break under the pressure of the tractor well I was thinking that I am glad that God is my barrier and my wall that protects me and guards me from the unknown coming my way. He gives me the strength to withstand and not be broken in times of trouble and trying. Yes I  might show a few scars from it but they are a reminder of what I had to face and that I came through in victory.

We lost a dear saint of God in our church this past weekend and I know he is dancing on the streets of gold. But I also know what a hard time his family will face and my heart goes out to them. I want them to know that God will give them the strength to go on and he will fill the voids that are now empty from the loss of their loved one.  It makes me think of my dad and how much I miss him. You still will miss them because there is a special place in your life that is made for that person but the void is made less by the comfort of our Savior that fills the void. Yes I miss my dad and wish I could hug him one more time, wish I could call him on the phone, wish I could go to my mom and dads and snuggle up in the bed next to him one more time but I know that he is in a better place where there is no more pain. And one day I will see him again. My hearts prayer is for my dear friends that are facing the newness of this lost loved one. Love y'all so very much!

Let God comfort you today!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers