Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 12


Yesterday while I was exercising I was listening to a sermon by Bro. David Bernard on Boundaries. It has been on my mind.

 Last year sometime, I bought these books about boundaries because I was having a problem with being able to tell people no in my life. I do believe that we need safe boundaries in our life's and that I need to teach my children safe boundaries.I want my children to know that is ok to say No in some situations not in a mean way but in a safe way for their life so that they do not have to struggle with bitterness in their heart. I want my children to be kind and loving but also I want them to love themselves because if they do not do that then how will they ever know how to truly love others. For a long time I struggled with the fact that I could not tell people no or I would hurt them when in fact I was hurting myself and not loving myself. I felt horrible if I told someone no but then I realized that in me saying yes and doing these things in the wrong spirit it did not profit me but hindered me because I began to become bitter in my life. I am striving to do things out of love this year and in order to do that I know that I have to do them as I was doing them unto my Lord. I have in fact seen the evidence of this in my life already this year because people can see the love of God in your life.

On another note on boundaries in your life, do you feel as though the boundaries God has set for you are hindering you in some way, do you feel bound? I hope that you can see that in God's word he set boundaries for his people to protect them. How many times do we wish to extend our boundaries and think I just need a little room but then we become accustom to those boundaries and want to extend them yet again, so when does it ever stop. The answer is that it doesn't! I want to learn to accept and be content in the boundaries God has put in my life. He can work right where I am at in my life! His boundaries are for my safety! He loves me and He wants me to walk in him and his boundaries for my life.  I love that He loves me enough to say I am setting this boundary here for you because I know my child if I don't then there are things you will face that I am trying to protect you from and I want you to live in the light and not the darkness!

Just remember boundaries are not a bad thing but in fact a great safety in your life!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers