Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 16


Abandoned........

I have been looking on some 52 project sites to get ideas on what I could photography and this week on Paint the Moon the word of the week was Abandoned. I was walking outside this morning as I saw this lonely trailer sitting way in my back yard screaming at me about his abandonment. My husband acquired this trailer from someone year ago, in hopes of restoring it for some reason. But I got to thinking about all the wonderful times that it once saw years ago and now it sits abandoned to wither away. I guess it had its good days and those are long gone. But also I guess it could be restored to serve some purpose.

As I sit and think on this picture I think of things in life maybe I have abandoned. So many times we find enjoyment in other things in life and we abandon some of the most important things in our life like prayer and just growing to know our Savior in a deeper way. And their are other times in our life when we finally realize that we must abandon something that we hold dear in our life because it is becoming to important in our life's. Maybe it takes up more time than you spend with your family, or maybe it keeps you from where you heart should be because it so focused on this one enjoyment in your life.

I hope you can reflect on your life as I am today and find the things in your life that perhaps you should abandon or you have abandon that you should once again return too.

Have a beautiful evening!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers